Thursday, January 28, 2010

Google Reader

What can't Google do?!

Again, amazed at how simple it is to access quick tidbits of information in such a short time. It's perfect for me because I am a multi-tasker, always looking for fresh information.

Now, I'm trying to compare this to Twitter. What I like about Google Reader is that it's easier for me to organize the people/organizations I am following. As opposed to Twitter, it's a continuous feed on one page. Google has the organizations you are following to the left and their feeds to the right. Plus, I don't have to tweet what I am doing every 5 seconds. I like that I can use it as a "one-way" information gathering process and, if necessary, use it as a two-way communication later.

I am following my 17, etc. people, along with some travel, Career and Tech Ed, money smarts, and the New Orleans Saints subscriptions. I am sure that I will access this tool quite often, if not every day. I noticed on Jen W's blog, she uses this for daily recipes. I am going to sign up for the Food Network subscription and see if it is any different from the Food Network Tweet. If not, I will continue to use Google Reader and throw away my Twitter account (unless, of course, we start using it for classroom purposes).

1 comment:

  1. It looks like the Food Network doesn't have an RSS feed; so, Twitter will be my go-to place for Food Network info.

    ReplyDelete