Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Google Docs and Calendar

Okay...so I tried to add an event to the 17, etc calendar. No luck! However, I did add the same event to my Google calendar 4 times! I'm not sure if I have access to the calendar or not. It's okay though because I would not use this for personal use. I love my smart phone and the calendar on my phone is perfect for my needs.

Now, on the other hand, I think this tool would be beneficial for members of a committee (Leadership Council, department members, etc.). Instead of sending mass reminder emails, this would be perfect because the event can "pop up" on your screen to remind you days or weeks ahead of time. I do like it for professional use.

As far as Google docs...love it! I've been using it (and teaching my students to use it) in the last two years. What's really nice for the students is that if they do not have the latest version of Microsoft Office or PowerPoint at home, they can create a slide show on Google docs at home and then access it anywhere in our building...no need for a network log-in. I even have some Google class documents linked from the rb16 Ning site.
An example is as follows:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AVDaO4ahdvGpZGhjZndqNGhfM2c5bmdkcmNm&hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment