Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Those to Follow

I am following Adam Gibbons; he shares fantastic sites and his love for his subject. I have a passion for history. Most of the books that I read are in the genre of history or historical fiction.

I completed Roots: The Saga of and American Family last spring. Amazing! Prior to that I read the autobiography of Fredrick Douglass (it was so interesting that I literally stayed up all night to finish it...I couldn't put it down).

I am currently reading My Life in France by Julia Child. I had no idea that this culinary genius began her career at the age of 37. I am only a third of the way into the book; however, I have learned a great deal about the French culture of the 50s and 60s. I am looking forward to finishing the book on our Thanksgiving Weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Julia Child - my hero ! The youtube videos of her being interviewed about her career were very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just recently ordered "The French Cook" PBS series from the 60s and 70s. After watching Julia perform, I realize now WHY sanitation was such an issue : )

    ReplyDelete